We collect personal information from you. This includes identifiable information about you including your name, contact information and your interactions with us.
How we collect your data
When you engage with our services or visit our website, we collect personal information in our database. This information can be divided into three categories:
- Information that is directly provided by you: when you access our website or use our services, we may ask you for personal data. Providing some information is optional, if you choose not to enter personal contact details, we may be unable to provide our services.
- Information that is collected automatically: when you access our website or use our services some information is collected automatically. This may include your IP address or the type of device you are using. This is done to give us insights as to how you are interacting with our website and services so we can ensure you are getting the best experience.
- Information retrieved from third parties: we may collect personal information about you from external sources such as publicly available data or data from our partners. We collect this to compare with the data we hold for you and improve our service.
How we use your data
We use your personal information from our database to manage our relationship with you and ensure you have the best experience with Generate Zero.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Communicate with you: keep users informed about operational updates, marketing updates and requesting feedback or engagement in any research we are conducting.
- Share resources and information you have requested: if you have asked that we send you any materials i.e. following events, we use your information to provide you with this.
- To understand who uses our website and how we can enhance it: by tracking who visits our website or uses our services and what type of device they access our website from, we are able to optimize your experience and constantly improve our tools.
- To prevent any malicious or fraudulent activity: make sure that our website is being accessed safely.
- Analysis and reporting: we may use yours and others personal data to create anonymised analytics and reports which may be shared with other parties.
How we secure and share your data
When we collect personal data about you, security is key. We protect your information using advanced technical measures. We keep your information safe by storing data with 2-factor authentication and only allow appropriate staff to have access.
If we need to share your personal information with third parties we will only disclose it to:
- Third party service providers that we use to deliver services or communications to you
- Law enforcement bodies, regulators or government agencies where necessary. We will notify you of this disclosure where possible.
- Other people where we have gained your consent
How long we retain your data
The amount of time that we retain your personal information depends on what it is and if we need to retain it for ongoing business relationships. We will retain the data for as long as we need to for business purposes after which period we will ensure it is removed or made anonymous. Your data will be kept for a maximum of 2 years if there is no ongoing business relationship.
How to opt-out or delete your data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong or removed completely. If you do not wish to receive any marketing or communications you can ask us to stop sending these to you at any time.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, have it corrected or deleted please contact us at email@example.com, or 7 St Benedicts Street, Eden Terrace, Auckland, 1010.